Saturday, November 28, 2015

NYC - Week 4
















This was an amazing week because it was Thanksgiving week! Dave only had to work Monday through Wednesday and even got off work early on Wednesday.

Sunday Dave and I went to church and tried H&H Bagels after. It was so good! We had their egg, sausage and cheese breakfast bagels. We then walked over to the Met Museum and spent a few hours there. It was so cool to see the Egyptian section with pieces of real tombs and pyramids. I was bummed the rooftop was closed since there are pretty views up there. But we still had a great time exploring in the museum. The steps are the best part! I just think of Gossip Girl lines the entire time. That night we were invited over to our friends Clark and Ellee's apartment for dinner. It was fun to spend time with them!

The next few days I was catching up on personal matters and doing freelance work so I could be free on Thanksgiving and the day after. Thanksgiving was super fun! We went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and watched it at Columbus Circle. It was a cool experience. I didn't realize how big all the balloons were! Dave and I sipped our Bouchon Bakery hot chocolate and enjoyed watching all the floats go by. That night we had Thanksgiving dinner with some of our best friends, Kylee and Scott and Scott's family! We ate at this barbecue restaurant called Hill Country in Brooklyn and surprisingly their Thanksgiving dinner menu was amazing! It was fun to see them and catch up.

Friday morning I went to a barre class at Physique 57 with Kylee. It kicked my butt! It was definitely a barre bootcamp type of class. Later that day, we took our Christmas card pictures with our friends Kelsey and Michael on the Brooklyn Bridge. We walked along the entire bridge and ended with Juliana's for pizza. It was some of the best pizza I've ever had in my life! Then Dave and I went to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes for their 9:30 show. It was so fun to finally see them perform! Growing up as a dancer, I have always wanted to see the Rockettes. They were incredible, just like I imagined them to be! The show definitely got us in the Christmas spirit.

On Saturday we slept in, ate breakfast, and headed to Flatiron area to see the Flatiron building, Eataly, and eat at Shake Shake in Madison Square Park. Dave has never been to this area so it was fun to show him around. That night we went to dinner with Kylee and Scott again with Jenny and Jordan as well for Kylee's birthday at The Smile. It was fun to be altogether and eat yummy food! We then got these amazing chocolate dipped ice cream cones after and called it a night. Great way to end our fourth week in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment