Saturday, December 19, 2015

NYC - Week 7











Our 7-week adventure has ended! I am so sad, but I am also so excited to go back home to normal life. I can't believe we lived in NYC for 7 weeks. It was really the best time of my life. Such a cool experience. I felt like I was on a really long vacation the entire time. Ha! I am just so grateful I was able to join Dave on this experience. I have no regrets.

This past week was pretty slow, but still fun. On Sunday, we went to church with Jason and Annie just for Sacrament meeting. The ward had their Christmas Program that day which was cool to see. We sang a lot of Christmas songs as a congregation and listened to some amazing messages. We stayed after for a potluck brunch and to say goodbye to a few friends we made here, while Jason and Annie headed out to Central Park. We met up with them after for a quick lunch at Patsy's Pizza. Dave and I shared a salad and had a few slices of pizza since we weren't starving. Jason and Annie had to leave around 2 for the airport, so we said goodbye to them and relaxed the rest of the day. Dave took a really long nap and since I can't nap, I just hung out and caught up on emails.

Nothing really exciting happened on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, I finally went running in Central Park, which was on my bucket list for this trip! I can't believe it took me so long to do it, especially since we've had really good weather here in New York. I took the subway up to the park and ran 2 miles through it. It was actually really fun and therapeutic! The park is starting to look more winter-y with all of the leaves fallen and just branches on the trees, but it was still really pretty and scenic. When we first got to New York, we went to Central Park on our first Saturday and the trees were full of orange, red, and yellow leaves. They were the prettiest fall colors I've ever seen. After my run, I came home, got ready and headed out to run a few errands. I walked over to the original Macy's in Herald Square since I've never been to it. They had cool window displays of Charlie Brown which was cute. The inside was stunning! Their decorations are some of the best I've seen in any department store. I also headed to Doughnut Plant in Chelsea because I couldn't leave the city without getting a few of their delicious gourmet donuts. I tried their creme brulee donut and holiday mint donut which were both really good. I loved the creme brulee one! I then came home and had Shake Shack for dinner. As you can see, I have basically had the best diet while in New York (NOT).

Thursday was a catch up day. Friday was spent doing our last-minute NYC bucket list items. I went Christmas shopping in the morning, met up with Dave after he got off early around 1pm, went to the LOVE sculpture, finally tried the peanut butter sundae at Serendipity (which was HEAVENLY), went to dinner at Saxon + Parole (which was so good - highly recommend!), and last but not least, met up with our dear friends Scott and Kylee at the Rockefeller tree for a quick hello/goodbye! It was so fun seeing them several times while in New York.

The next morning Dave and I went to City Bakery for a quick bite to eat and to try their hot chocolate. It was a really rich, thicker hot chocolate that I wasn't a huge fan of, but it was still good. We then took a taxi to the airport and kissed the city goodbye! I am so sad to leave, but excited to be home just in time for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment